Menlo Park’s Environment Quality Commission has announced its annual awards, presented to individuals, businesses and organizations that improve environmental quality within the city. The 2010 Environmental Quality Award winners are:
- Boy Scout Troop 109: For a permanent orienteering course and signage along the Great Spirit Path at Bedwell Bayfront Park with special recognition to Daniel and Philipp Kopisch (pictured).
- Sharon Park Homeowners Association: For the exceptional stewardship, care and preservation of more than 200 heritage trees.
- The Dailey Method: For numerous green renovations such as high efficiency fluorescent lighting with motion sensors, low VOC paint and bamboo towels at the exercise studio.
- Bobbie and Joseph Carcione Jr. residence: For sustainable architectural and landscaping improvements which removed hardscape, and returned the property to a natural setting with a community garden.
- Chris and Trudy VanIngen residence: For home improvements which resulted in a preliminary Green Point Rating of 254 points, one of the highest in the state.
The awards winners will be officially honored at the City Council meeting on Dec. 14 at 7:00 pm.
Photo by Laura Hamilton