Adina Levin of the Menlo Park Green Ribbon Citizens’ Committee (MPGRCC) circulated information via email about the public meeting on Thursday, Dec. 15 about the Facebook campus EIR and project. The meeting will be held from 6:30 to 8:30 pm at Arrillaga Family Recreation Center, 701 Laurel St. in Menlo Park. The MPGRCC requests that people who plan to attend please RSVP via the organization’s Facebook page. Adina’s email reads:
“The Menlo Park Planning Department staff will give a presentation on the Facebook Environmental Impact Report and will be available along with Facebook team members to answer questions.
“This is an opportunity for us, as a community of people who are concerned about environmental sustainability, climate change, and alternative transportation to learn and discuss the new Menlo Park Facebook Campus and its environmental effects. Since this is a community meeting, we have a chance to discuss issues and alternatives, and have a chance for back and forth discussion, rather than the one-way structured format of public comment. If there are groupings of people with similar interests we may have breakout sessions.
“Topics that may be of interest include:
- Greenhouse gas emissions. What was the CO2 footprint on the Sun Campus, and how will this change with Facebook?
- Energy efficiency and alternative energy
- Roof and parking surface reflectivity (heat island effect)
- Water efficiency and water runoff
- Housing and its relation to transportation
- Alternative transportation: shuttles, transit, walking, biking
- Tracking, measurement and reporting of energy and transportation outcomes
- Traffic congestion, pollution, and mitigation of traffic impacts
- Bike and pedestrian access and safety
- Relationship to the Baylands and the Bay Trail”