By now, it’s probably too late to make those Mother’s Day brunch or dinner reservations that you thought about making earlier in the week! But, let’s not forget about the many other places – outdoors – where you can have a great day with your Mom or your wife! With the great weather this weekend, it’s a perfect time to head out for a picnic in the park, a long walk by the Bay, or just a stroll through one of our great local parks.
Here are some ideas for your outdoor Mother’s Day adventure:
- Bedwell Bayfront Park – this open space park along the shores of San Francisco Bay is a great spot for a longer walk, to fly a kite – if the breeze is good, or to just enjoy a picnic in the grass. Bring your camera – lots of interesting views, birds, fences, etc. [Map here]
- Burgess Park – adjacent to Menlo Park’s Civic Center complex, there’s lots to do at Burgess Park. The library’s a short walk away – for some real quiet time – and lots of picnic options. Be sure to bring a blanket so you can picnic on the grass if the tables are already taken! Lots of food options in nearby downtown Menlo Park make putting together a picnic at Burgess easy! [Map here]
- Holbrook-Palmer Park – this jewel of Atherton is a great spot for walking, playing and picnicking. A kids playground helps keep them occupied! [Map here]
- Sharon Park – you might even find some baby ducks in the pond. Several picnic tables in the shade make a lunch or afternoon snack delightful – with plenty of lawn area for the kids to play, to toss the Frisbee around, etc. Pack your picnic basket at Eric’s Gourmet and Martha’s Pastries in Sharon Heights Shopping Center. [Map here]
- St. Raymond’s Rose Garden – with the roses in full bloom, the display at St. Raymonds is beautiful to see. Slow down – and stop to smell these roses! Perfect for a half hour stroll through the garden if you’re not in the mood for a picnic. [Map here]
Those are just a few ideas to get you thinking – we’d love to hear your suggestions about additional places – share them in a comment below!
Rather than brunch in a crowded restaurant, you might really enjoy your Mother’s Day on an outing/picnic to one of Menlo Park’s quiet places. Hope you have a great time!
Here’s a map of these locations – along with several other local parks.
View Mother’s Day in Menlo Park in a larger map