It’s nice to have a lazy day when the biggest decision is what to bake. Earlier this week, the large box of Whoopers on my kitchen counter was too tempting to resist experimenting with! These malted milk blondies aren’t too sweet and have crisp edges with soft, moist centers.
Malted Milk Blondies
– 1 cup all-purpose flour
– 1 teaspoon baking powder
– 2 tablespoons malted milk powder (I use Carnation brand)
– 1/4 teaspoon salt
– 8 tablespoons (1 stick) unsalted butter
– 2/3 cup brown sugar
– 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
– 1 large egg
– 2/3 cup Whoppers, chopped
– 1/2 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees and position rack in the center of oven. Line an 8-inch square pan with foil, covering bottom and all four sides; set aside.
2. Sift flour, baking powder, malted milk, and salt into a medium bowl and set aside.
3. Melt butter in a small saucepan. Remove from heat and stir in brown sugar, vanilla, and egg.
4. Add the butter mixture to the flour mixture and mix until just combined. Stir in chopped Whoppers and chocolate chips. Spread in pan.
5. Bake for about 25 minutes, or until top is golden brown and the edges have pulled away from sides of pan. Cool blondies in the pan on a wire rack. Lift foil and transfer to cutting board to cut into squares.
Store in an airtight container at room temperature for up to 4 days.
Photo by Rachel Candeleria