The City of Menlo is releasing the following sections of the Preliminary Draft Housing Element:
- Executive Summary
- Goals, Policies and Programs
- Information related to sites and available land inventory
The Background sections are scheduled to be released separately on Monday, October 1.
The document is an “in progress” draft that will be subject to additional review by staff, the consultant team and the City Attorney’s office over the next few weeks in addition to feedback at the meetings described below:
- October 3 – Housing Commissio at 5:30 p.m. in the Administration Building Conference Room
- October 15 – Planning Commission at 7:00 p.m. in the Council Chambers
- October 17 – (New Meeting if needed) – Housing Element Steering Committee at 5:30 p.m. in the Library Lower Level Meeting Room
- October 22 (New Meeting) – City Council at 6:00 p.m. in the Council Chambers
- October 23 – City Council at 7:00 p.m. in the Council Chambers (public comment will be limited to new speakers and speakers addressing new information presented by staff to City Council)
The City Council will consider public comment and recommendations from the Housing Commission and Planning Commission then provide direction to staff. After incorporating Council direction, the Draft Housing Element will be submitted to the California Department of Housing and Community Development, HCD by October 31 (per the Settlement Agreement).