The Menlo Park Police Department has been awarded a $30,000 grant from the California Office of Traffic Safety (OTS) for a year-long program aimed at preventing deaths and injuries on our roadways through special enforcement and public awareness efforts. The grant received by Menlo Park will aid in the city’s ongoing effort to improve traffic safety and the quality of life. Menlo Park Police Department will use the funding as part of an on-going commitment to keep roadways safe through both enforcement and education.
Activities that the grant will fund include:
- Specialized DUI and drugged driving training such as Standardized Field Sobriety Testing (SFST), Advanced Roadside Impaired Driving Enforcement (ARIDE), and Drug Recognition Evaluator (DRE).
- DUI Saturation Patrols
- Distracted driving enforcement
- Seat belt and child safety seat enforcement
- Speed, red light and stop sign enforcement
- Warrant service operations targeting multiple DUI offenders
- Pedestrian and bicycle safety enforcement
Funding for this program is from the California Office of Traffic Safety through the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration.