- Use reusable ornaments or natural items to decorate your Holiday Trees. A few ideas are popcorn and pine cones. Try to avoid flock and tinsel.
- If purchasing a live tree, find a great place to plant it in your yard or keep it in a planter so you can use it year after year.
- Get creative with gift wrap alternatives. Place a gift with in a gift, or in a reusable shopping or tote bag instead of paper. Or, go old school and use newspaper comics to make gifts more fun and the wrapping recyclable.
- If you must use gift wrap, avoid foil-based papers. Make sure to recycle used gift wrap — don’t burn it!
- Check before you burn wood! Call 1-877-4-NO-BURN to find out if a Spare the Alert is in effect.
Tips for a greener Menlo Park holiday season
Previous post: Long time Menlo Park resident Lester Weil dies at 95
Next post: More Menlo Park memories get dusted off