Parenting expert Mike Riera, Ph.D., will speak about “The Hidden Logic of Teenagers: How to Hear What They Aren’t Saying” on Thursday, Jan. 31 from 7:00 to 8:30 pm at the M-A Center for the Performing Arts in Atherton.
Dr. Riera is one of the country’s foremost authorities on children and teens, and he is known for providing no-nonsense, practical advice for parents in understanding their adolescents. He literally wrote the book on parent-teen communication in his bestsellers Uncommon Sense for Parents of Teenagers and A Field Guide to the American Teenager.
At the upcoming free talk, you’ll:
- Learn why teenagers do what they do and learn why they can’t/won’t explain it to you
- Learn how to tie discipline to the development of integrity
- Learn how to influence them in the areas of their life that matter the most
- Learn how to hear what they are not quite saying
- Learn how to have the Big Talks: Drugs, Alcohol, Sex, Money, Internet
- Learn how to maximize your influence
- Learn about normal adolescent development: physical, thinking, and social identity
- Learn why it’s more important to be their parent rather than their friend
- And most of all: learn to enjoy this beautiful (and frustrating) phase of family life!
To register for a ticket, click here.