Exploring planets – A personal retrospective of the first 50 years is USGS lecture on Aug. 28
The free public lecture will be give by USGS Planetary Geologist Michael H. Carr on Thursday, August 28, 2014, at 7:00 pm at USGS on Ravenswood Avenue in Menlo Park, Conference Room A, Bldg. 3.
Hear stories about:
- Canyons, volcanoes and floods on Mars
- Shifting ice floes on Europa's ocean
- Perpetual volcanism on Io
- Rivers of methane on Titan
Get updates about:
- Is there/was there any life out there?
- Human missions: why and when?