There’s a new spot for burgers in downtown Menlo Park where the meat is tasty and the atmosphere refined. LB Steak is now offering a burger-centric lunch menu Tuesday through Saturday from noon to 2:30 pm. The burgers are made with a proprietary blend of house-aged New York, rib eye and tenderloin cuts of beef. There are shakes and floats to complement.
The burgers — priced from $13.00 to $15.00 — as conceived by Chef de Cuisine Kelsey Casavan, include:
- The Classic (house American, red onion, tomato, shredded lettuce, pickle, aïoli);
- The Bespoke (shredded lettuce, arugula, tomato, pickle, red onion, aïoli, any two add ons);
- The Black And Blue (Bay Blue, cheese, Cajun blackening, caramelized onions, arugula);
- The Hapa (teriyaki glaze, grilled pineapple, cheddar, house kimchi ketchup, green onion);
- The Baja (avocado, pepper jack, green chilies, shredded lettuce, tomato, red onion); and
- The Steakhouse (LB Steak sauce, sautéed mushrooms, cheddar, onion rings)
All are offered with a choice of French fries, onion rings or a mixed green salad. Any version of a burger can be prepared with grilled chicken. The add-on options include bacon, sunny side up egg, cheddar, Bay blue cheese, house American, pepper jack, caramelized onions, avocado, sautéed mushrooms and green chilies.
Our takeaway on a recent afternoon: generous, juicy burgers washed down with decadent shakes in a dining room in which you can carry on a conversation, be it for business or pleasure.