Menlo Park-based LifeMoves (formerly InnVision Shelter Network), the leading provider of homeless services in San Mateo and Santa Clara Counties, will host its annual ‘Move it Forward’ benefit breakfast on Thursday, October 6, from 7:30 am to 9:00 am, at the Hyatt Regency Hotel in Burlingame. Admission for attendees is complimentary.
The event promotes awareness about homelessness in our local community. It also raises critically-needed funds for the high-impact programs and services provided by LifeMoves that help homeless families and individuals find a rapid return to stable housing and self-sufficiency.
Event program highlights will include:
· Master of Ceremony and ‘Voice of the 49ers’ Ted Robinson
· Keynote speakers Sarah Rosenkrantz and Sam Greenberg, former Interns at LifeMoves and co-founders of Y2Y Harvard Square, the nation’s first student-run homeless shelter for young adults (www.y2yharvardsquare.org)
· LifeMoves CEO Bruce Ives will talk about the transformative programs that end local homelessness
· A LifeMoves client will share their personal story and experience of overcoming homelessness
· Information about how members of the community can engage to help support solutions for hundreds of local individuals and families
· Awards honoring local volunteers, landlords and employers