Romance, crashers and grade school friends on display at Zott’s this afternoon

by Linda Hubbard Gulker on October 11, 2015

Kirby Roberts and Duke DupellThe Menlo-Atherton High School class of 1965 held its 50th reunion this weekend at various venues on the Peninsula. The events concluded today at Zott’s out in Portola Valley, with folks from the class of 1964 and 1966 in attendance as well.

We found some friends from Hillview Drive days (the Porter twins, top, visiting with Hillview School classmate, Tom Mainwaring, who went to Woodside). And heard the news that classmates Kirby Roberts and Duke Dupell had recently reconnected (right).

Then there were the “crashers.” snapped with Ken Glazer (’65- far left) They included Colby Howe (’66), Pete Damsgaard (’66) and Dennis Nugent (’66).

Bob, Colby, Pete, Dennis

Photos by Linda Hubbard (c) 2015

{ 6 comments… read them below or add one }

Jan Detlor Scripps October 19, 2015 at 11:55 pm

Yikes! I can’t believe that I was in this same shared site and didn’t come face to face with Pete Damsgarrd! He was my neighbor during our growing up years on San Mateo/Wallea Dr. I even typed a major year end paper for him, but it was filled with mistypes along the way. The recognition of those ended up with white crossing out ink that was always at hand! Not pretty to say the least! Please forgive me Pete, after all of these years! 🙂

Mo Antonino March 18, 2019 at 4:55 pm

I am trying to get in touch with my old friend Duke Dupell .
My phone number is 209-765-1162.
If you could help me I certainly would appreciate it.
Thank you.

Linda Hubbard Gulker March 18, 2019 at 7:59 pm

Sorry Mo, I do not have contact information for Duke.

Jan Scripps March 19, 2019 at 3:31 pm

Hi Linda!

I believe that Duke is in Bend, OR with Kirby Roberts Riggs. Her new address there is 60275 Addie Triplett Loop, Bend 97702. Kirby’s phne # is 650-556-5070. Her email address is [email protected]. Contact her and I am sure that she will have your answer!

I hope that all is well with you and Menlo Park! 🙂

Jan

Jan Scripps March 19, 2019 at 3:35 pm

Hi Linda!

I hope that all is well with you and Menlo Park! 🙂

Jan

Jan Scripps March 20, 2019 at 12:24 am

Give Linda Hubbard a call, or email her. I sent her my most current information on Duke! You have a great friend!

Jan