National Night Out block parties are spread across Menlo Park on August 1
Menlo Park residents have their pick of block parties, spreading from west to east across the city. According to Menlo Park Police Community Service Officer Gonee Sepulveda, the options include:
- Join a potluck at the Sharon Park duck pond starting at 5:00 pm
- Take part in games and eat some food at East Creek Place starting at 4:30 pm and Menlo Gateway apartments (1345 Willow Road) from 2:00 to 5:00 pm
- Festivities at Cafe Zoe (1929 Menalto Ave.) include an ice cream social, live music, bounce house, games, food, a CERT information booth, and giveaways starting at 5:00 pm.
- Mt. Olive Apostolic Original Holy Church hosts food, music, a bounce house and games at Hamilton Park starting at 5:45 pm.
- You’ll find games, chalk on the street and music as well as a potluck on the 700 block of Nash Avenue starting at 5:30 pm.
Other streets may be having smaller, less organized events, so keep your eyes open and drive slowly!
Photo courtesy City of Menlo Park