Collectible & special book sale at Menlo Park Libary on Sunday, May 22
A book sale with a different emphasis is scheduled for Sunday, May 22 from noon to 4:00 pm at the Menlo Park Library. Sponsored by the Friend of the Library, it will feature higher value, unique books that have been hand selected and set aside just for this event. These books aren’t just for collectors, rather for anyone who appreciates books with a little age and character.
This eclectic selection includes books of many categories including art, biography, children’s, history, literature, mystery, science, and more. Book lovers will find treasures at reasonable prices, with some items as low as $3. Some of the highlights include:
- A 1st edition of Bret Harte’s In a Hallow of the Hills, Chapman & Hall, London, 1895 (pictured is painting of Harte by John Pettie)
- Howard Pyle’s Pepper and Salt, or Seasoning for Young Folks, Harpers, 1895
- Emile Zola’s Rome, Macmillan, 1898, 2 vols.
- Elizabeth and Joseph Pennell’s French Cathedrals, Century, 1909
- An extensive collection of Nikola Tesla’s journals and writings
The sale will be held in the Library’s downstairs meeting room. The Menlo Park Library is located at 800 Alma Street. All funds raised benefit the Menlo Park Library.