Youth, seniors SamTrans Clipper card sign-up on Nov. 29

by Linda Hubbard on November 26, 2011

SamTrans is phasing out paper monthly passes.  The December 2011 pass will be the last paper pass sold.  Starting with the January 2012 Monthly Pass, it will be available only on the Clipper card.

Youth and Senior Monthly Pass customers who need to obtain a Youth or Senior Clipper card must fill out an appplication and bring it with proof-of-age to a local sign-up event or to the SamTrans office at 1250 San Carlos Ave. in San Carlos weekdays between 8 am and 5 pm. More details are available online.

The Menlo Park Clipper card sign-up will be held on Tuesday, Nov. 29, at the Safeway in Sharon Heights, 325 S. Sharon Park Drive.

Clipper cards will be mailed to youth customers within 21 business days; Senior cards will be issued at the time of visit.

Seniors  and youth customers (or their parent/guardian) must appear in person with their completed application and one of the following forms of identification:
•    Birth certificate
•    State-Issued Driver’s License
•    State-Issued Identification Card
•    Passport
•    Matricula Consular/Consular Identification
•    Alien Registration/Permanent Resident Card.

Once you obtain a Clipper card, you may load your pass by going to a Clipper retailer, such as Walgreens, by calling Clipper at 1-877-878-8883 or by visiting

Comments are closed.


Please help support InMenlo! Your contribution will help us continue to bring InMenlo to you. Click on the button below to contribute!