Be my Valentine with s’mores on a stick
Valentine’s Day is a great holiday for crafts. S’mores on a stick was an idea from a wedding favor, but I thought it would be a great treat for Valentine’s Day. Not only are they cute but they are simple enough you could make them with your kids. I found the lollipop sticks, treat bags, and ribbon all at Michael’s Craft store.
What you’ll need:
– Lollipop sticks
– Crumbled graham crackers
– Milk chocolate pieces (I used E. Guittard wafers)
– Double boiler
– Clear 4×6 treat bags
1. Insert lollipop stick into marshmallows and set aside.
2. Crumbled graham crackers. I put them in a plastic bag and rolled it with a rolling pin.
3. Melt milk chocolate in double boiler. It is easier to work in small batches; you’ll need about 4 ounces for every 8 marshmallows.
4. Holding the marshmallow stick over the double boiler, use a rubber or silicone spatula to coat the marshmallow with chocolate.
5. Roll the marshmallow in graham cracker crumbs.
6. Insert lollipop into a piece of styrofoam and let chocolate set.
7. Put the s’more in the treat bag and tie with a 12-inch long ribbon.
Photo by Rachel Candelaria