Learn about apps for iPad and iPhone on Nov. 3 at Friends of the Menlo Park Library lecture
Menlo Park Library presents Books, Movies, and Apps Galore: Downloading Media to your iPad, iPhone, and iPod Touch on Saturday, November 3 at 11:00 am in the Menlo Park Council Chambers, 701 Laurel Street.
Kim Marie Smith, a South Bay resident who has worked in the public sector for 32 years, will focus on:
- How to find high-quality apps that are inexpensive or free
- How to build a library of digital and audio books, purchased, borrowed, and free
- Highlights of digital book readers, including apps such as iBooks, Nook, and Kindle
- Highlights of other media types available, including newspapers, magazines, and RSS feeds
- Subscribing to audio and video podcasts and educational resources
- How to watch movies and TV, whether purchased, rented, and free
- Tips and tricks to get the most out of your device
The presentation, which will include demonstrations, handouts, and a Q & A session, is free and open to the public. The event is supported by the Friends of the Menlo Park Library. Free wheelchair accessible van service is available for Menlo Park area seniors and people with disabilities. Call 330-2512 for van reservations.