AYSO Region 109 soccer registration begins on May 1
The registration process is starting for new and returning soccer players in AYSO region 109, serving Menlo Park and Atherton. All players born between August 1, 1996 and January 31, 2011 are welcome to join the 2015 season, which starts in September and runs through the fall.
AYSO (American Youth Soccer Organization) does not require tryouts, anyone can register, and all players participate. Last year, almost 1700 children and teenagers played on Region 109 teams.
The registration process begins May 1 online. Parents of returning players can update their children’s records and pay online at http://www.menlopark.org. There is no need to come to walk-in registration.
Parents of players who are new to AYSO or the region need to:
1. Preregister their children online at http://www.mpsoccer.org
2. Print, sign and bring the registration forms to walk-in registration.
3. Come to walk-in registration on May 2 or May 9, any time between 10:00 am and 1:00 pm at Hillview Middle School
4. Pay fees of $150 ($100 for kinderleague players born between August 1, 2009 and January 31, 2011).
5. Bring proof of age, such as a passport or birth certificate.
After May 9, 2015, players will be waitlisted and pay a fee of $200 ($150 kinderleaguers), if placed on a team.