Curbside holiday tree collection and guidelines for Recology customers
Menlo Park residents may place their holiday trees next to their green compost cart from Jan. 2–31, on their regular collection day. Please remember to keep trees out of bike lanes and out of the storm gutter.
- Trees should be clean of all decorations, such as lights, tinsel, tree stands and nails.
- Tree stand must be removed.
- Trees may be up to 8 feet in length
- Larger trees (beyond 8 feet) should be cut into pieces and placed next to or inside the green compost cart
- Flocked trees will be accepted
After Jan. 31, please cut the tree to fit inside your compost cart (lid must be closed) or contact Recology at 650-595-3900 for a special pickup.
Apartment managers or owners must call 650-595-3900 to arrange for holiday tree collection for their tenants.