Menlo Park mansion listed for $26,499,000 — the town’s highest ever

by Linda Hubbard on April 28, 2022

A home for sale in central Menlo Park just two blocks from downtown is the highest listed price — $26,499,000 — ever for a property in the city.  Located  at 1340 Arbor Road, the main home boasts 6,228 square feet of living space with an additional 2,422 square feet in an unfinished lower level.

“We have seen housing prices rise significantly over the past few years in Menlo Park,” said Judy Citron, who has the listing with Compass. She added that the highest selling price in the town was a home sold in 2020 for $14.75 million. It’s on the market again — also with Citron — for $17.499 million.

Next door to the home — at 1320 Arbor Road — is just over a half acre of land listed for $7,850,000, giving a party that purchases both the ability to create a family compound or add recreational opportunities such as pool and/or tennis courts.

The home was built in 2012 and moved from its original location on the lot in 2018, at which time the unfinished lower level was added with work done by Pacific Peninsula Architecture. It has 5 bedrooms, office, 5 full baths, and 2 half-baths on two levels plus the unfinished lower level.

Top photo courtesy of Todd Clancy; second photo photographed by Matt Anello/Blu Skye Media

8 Comments

Barry Baruh April 29, 2022 at 2:44 pm

The house, which my family owned from 1952 to 1964, was originally built in 1902 as part of a 5 acre estate. My father purchased the home and 2 1/2 acres of land for $62,000.

Linda Hubbard April 29, 2022 at 2:52 pm

Thanks for filling in some of the history, Barry

Patrick G Petitclerc April 29, 2022 at 3:08 pm

my mom bought a house near the corner of alameda and santa cruz av in 1964 as rental property and had the lot subdivided selling three parcial lots and keeping one she later moved into the house she used as rental her house was built in 1910. 20 years ago after my mom moved to assisted living we demolished the old house and sold the empty lot for $650,000, today the new house built at that address is valued at $3 million

Nancy Aronoff April 29, 2022 at 4:42 pm

Barry
Did you have a sister? I think I knew her

Jeff Boone April 30, 2022 at 9:07 am

Hi Barry, Haven’t heard your name since you dated Nancy Melman ? Hope you are all good. Jeff Boone

Bob Boeddiker April 30, 2022 at 6:38 pm

Haven’t heard your name for many
Moons….did I date your older sister?
My name is Bob Boeddiker currently
Living on Big Island of Hawaii.

Allen Gross May 01, 2022 at 11:05 pm

Hey

I can remember tooling out of your driveway in the replica horseless carriage….

that was before your Mustang

John Morris May 02, 2022 at 9:05 pm

That was a lot of money at the time. I remember the house well. Merv paid $40k for our home!

Comments are closed.

Events
HELP SUPPORT INMENLO!

Please help support InMenlo! Your contribution will help us continue to bring InMenlo to you. Click on the button below to contribute!