2010 Environmental Quality Award winners announced
Menlo Park’s Environment Quality Commission has announced its annual awards, presented to individuals, businesses and organizations that improve environmental quality within the city. The 2010 Environmental Quality Award winners are:
- Boy Scout Troop 109: For a permanent orienteering course and signage along the Great Spirit Path at Bedwell Bayfront Park with special recognition to Daniel and Philipp Kopisch (pictured).
- Sharon Park Homeowners Association: For the exceptional stewardship, care and preservation of more than 200 heritage trees.
- The Dailey Method: For numerous green renovations such as high efficiency fluorescent lighting with motion sensors, low VOC paint and bamboo towels at the exercise studio.
- Bobbie and Joseph Carcione Jr. residence: For sustainable architectural and landscaping improvements which removed hardscape, and returned the property to a natural setting with a community garden.
- Chris and Trudy VanIngen residence: For home improvements which resulted in a preliminary Green Point Rating of 254 points, one of the highest in the state.
The awards winners will be officially honored at the City Council meeting on Dec. 14 at 7:00 pm.
Photo by Laura Hamilton